Firefighter I Academy
Accredited by the California State Fire Marshal's Office
- Application Date: TBA
- Orientation Date: TBA
- Academy Dates:TBA
- No class on
View Full Application Packet with Forms
Certification: Conforms to standards for certification by the California State Board of Fire Service. Upon successful completion, the student is
eligible for certification as an EMT-I and is academically qualified for state certification as a Firefighter I. Students completing the program are still required to
complete either one-year as a volunteer firefighter or six months as a paid firefighter with a California fire department to be certified as a Firefighter I. Students will
be required to take all portions of the Firefighter I Academy even though they may be EMT I certified.
Prerequisite: All applicants must meet the following requirements and provide proof of completion PRIOR to acceptance into the academy
and to be eligible to enroll. More information is listed in the attached academy specification sheet:
- Students must be 18 years old before beginning the academy.
- Establish a student account (create ID) with Yuba College at yc.yccd.edu
- Pay material/duplication/certification fees.
- Complete Personal Data sheet: include student ID and Receipt No. for material fee.
- Complete the Health/History and Par Q prior to seeing a physician for clearance and submit all completed and signed documents included with this packet.
- Read, understand, sign and return the Placement Exam Recommendation Letter.
Orientation Date: TBA
- Mandatory Attendance; Do not wear academy uniform on this day
- Parking will be $2.00 (daily passes available in the parking lot)
Academy Dates: TBA
Academy is Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily
College Code: FIRTC-64; M1596
26.0 semester units/644 hours
Course Location: Marysville Campus; East Lot, 2088 North Beale Road; Marysville CA 95901
The list of all requirements and approximate costs are included in application sent previously. Please keep in mind these fees are estimates only and are always subject to change. Also, tax is not included in the calculations. As you review the checklist, you may already have some of the requirements in which case, your cost would be less.