Writing and Language Development Center
Our goal is to support Yuba College students in all aspects of language development, helping them become engaged readers and writers; strategic in monitoring their own comprehension of texts; deliberate in selecting rhetorical tools suited to their purpose; independent, lifelong learners empowered by mastery of language to participate in the communities and achieve their educational and life goals.
Located Inside the library
(Learning Resource Center), near the front entrance to the right
Monday through Friday 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Open to currently enrolled Yuba College students during the instructional year, Monday through Friday.
- Drop-in assistance for any writing assignment
- MLA, APA, and Chicago style formatting help
- One-on-one or group appointments
- Informal study space
- Technology assistance
- Proofreading tips
- ESL conversation groups and grammar workshop
- Kurzweil 3000 software for assisted reading & writing