Yuba College Institutional SLOs (ISLOs)
- ISLO1: Communication – effectively use language and non-verbal communication consistent with, and appropriate for, the audience and purpose.
- ISLO2: Computation – use appropriate mathematical concepts and methods to understand, analyze, and communicate issues in quantitative terms.
- ISLO3: Critical Thinking – analyze data/information in addressing and evaluating problems and issues in making decisions.
- ISLO4: Global Awareness – articulate similarities and differences among cultures, times, and environments, demonstrating an understanding of cultural pluralism and knowledge of global issues.
- ISLO5: Information Competency – conduct, present, and use research necessary to achieve educational, professional, and personal objectives.
- ISLO6: Personal and Social Responsibility – interact with others by demonstrating respect for opinions, feelings, and values.
- ISLO7: Scientific Awareness – understand the purpose of scientific inquiry and the implications and applications of basic scientific principles.
- ISLO8: Technological Awareness – select and use appropriate technological tools for personal, academic, and career tasks.
Following from the ISLOs listed above, the faculty members of Yuba College have written (and will revise when prudent) Program (PSLOs) and Course SLOs (CSLOs) in accordance with the following taxonomy:
- Knowledge/Remembering: define, list, recognize
- Comprehension/Understanding: characterize, describe, explain, identify, locate, recognize, sort
- Application/Applying: choose, demonstrate, implement, perform
- Analysis/Analyzing: analyze, categorize, compare, differentiate
- Evaluation/Evaluating: assess, critique, evaluate, rank, rate
- Synthesis/Creating: construct, design, formulate, organize, synthesize