Making an appointment
Currently enrolled Yuba College students can make a one-time appointment here to work with a writing consultant on reading and/or writing issues for any Yuba College class. Writing consultants typically work on understanding the assignment, brainstorming, and organizing. (For more information about how we work, see our FAQs.) Besides making appointments, you can also see your past visits and upcoming appointments in the system.
If you are not a Yuba College student, we encourage you to seek out resources on your own campus.
To make a one-time appointment in TutorTrac:
- Click on the TutorTrac link: yubacollege.tutortrac.com
- Log in using your MyCampus username (your Yuba College student ID number) and password.
- Click on Search Availability.
- Select Writing & Language Development Center.
- Select a course you want to work with.
- Select a date or date range.
- Use the slider to choose a time, and select/deselect days (M T W TH F) as needed.
- Click Search.
Available tutors and times will load on the right. Appointment blocks are 50 minutes long.
- Click on a time to select it.
- Click Save Appointment.
These appointments are one-time appointments. If you want recurring weekly appointments, call 530.740.1709 or stop in to the WLDC and ask a staff member if a weekly appointment is available.
Online appointments are only available for the WLDC. Visit the College Success Center or Sutter Center tutoring for appointments at those centers.
If no available appointments load, try widening your search to include other times and/or other days. If you searched for a particular tutor, try searching without specifying a tutor.
You are limited to making five consecutive appointments per semester with any one tutor. If you have already seen a tutor five times in a row, try searching for another tutor or leave the tutor field blank. Other maximum appointment rules apply:
- Max of one appointment per day with the same tutor for the same subject
- Max of three appointments in any five days
- Max of thirty appointments in a semester
If you are unable to make an appointment, you may be able to drop in. Appointments take precedence over drop-ins, and drop-in times are limited.
If you miss or cancel six appointments in a semester (at all of the Yuba College tutoring centers combined) you will be unable to make an appointment here. In that case, call 530.740.1709 or stop in to the WLDC and ask a staff member to help you.