As students, you are on the front line of recognizing distress in your peers. Distress can lead to anxiety, depression, poor academic performance, and even a weaker immune system. Being an observant friend and effective listener can have more of a positive influence than you might realize.
Here at Yuba College, we have adopted a suite of online training simulations called Kognito that will assist you to better identify, support, and refer stressed friends to support services on campus. Kognito is a “suite of six online, interactive, and research-proven training simulations are designed to educate students about best practices in supporting.
- students who struggle with psychological distress including depression and suicidal ideation,
- LGBTQ students who are struggling due to harassment or exclusion, and
- student veterans who are facing challenges in adjusting to college life.
You can help a friend who is struggling and create a more supportive and inclusive campus for all.
To take any of the available courses, follow the instructions below:
- Go to: https://ccc.kognito.com/
- Create a New Account
- Follow the on-screen instructions
- Choose your course and click ”LAUNCH”
If you experience any technical difficulties, please email email@example.com