Yuba College Students,
As we approach the Fall Semester, we wanted to provide you with updates about what to expect at Yuba College for upcoming semester. Fall 2021 begins Monday, August 16th.
With the continuing challenges for our students, staff, and faculty’s health and safety due to the outbreak of COVID-19, we have made the difficult decision to continue delivering courses through distance education for the Fall Semester. In some cases, where classes are either hard to convert or align with the Governor’s Essential Critical Infrastructure (Examples: EMT, Nursing) courses may occur face-to-face with social distancing and PPE requirements (for example face coverings or gloves where required).
To determine if your course is going to be delivered through distance education/online or Hybrid, please refer to “Times” for meeting times and dates in Self-Service.
- Courses that are fully distance education/online are coded as ONLINE.
- Courses that are fully distance education/online but meet at set times are coded as SYNCHRONOUS ONLINE.
- Courses that are Hybrid are coded as HYBRID, and the room will be marked with the actual room number.
- Courses that are fully IN-PERSON are coded with the campus location and actual room number.
Hybrid courses are defined as courses in which part of the instruction will be taught online, and other parts will be taught on campus, requiring students to attend in person on designated day and times. Your instructor will communicate the expectations for any in-person sessions.
We want to provide more information on what to expect for Spring Semester in the classroom, student services, student success, and athletics. All-Student Zoom Town Hall Sessions have been scheduled for all students.
- Wednesday, January 13th at 4:00 p.m. To attend the Zoom session, click on this link: https://cccconfer.zoom.us/j/95658165879.
- Thursday, March 11th at 4:00 p.m. To attend the Zoom session, click on this link: https://cccconfer.zoom.us/j/93387044134
- Wednesday, May 12th at 4:00 pm. To attend the Zoom session, click on this link: https://cccconfer.zoom.us/j/95609647804
As we continue to navigate the pandemic’s impacts, please know that we are committed to providing excellent teaching and learning for you to continue your education at Yuba College. Our nation needs highly qualified candidates for the critical careers you are pursuing more than ever.
Be resilient and persistent. Use your resources at the college. Reach out if you need support. But don’t give up. We believe in you and your future!