Upward Bound activities include:
- Saturday Academies that provide students with opportunities for building basic skills and obtaining academic enrichment. These are once a month with a college and career exploration focus.
- Weekly Resource Session with an Upward Bound Tutor/Advisor to assist in academic, career and personal counseling, as well as college exploration and planning.
- Tutoring is available at each school sites once a week and additional 1 on 1 tutoring sessions are available upon request.
- Senior Year the student works closely with Upward Bound Staff in college selection, admissions, housing, financial aid and scholarships.
- Campus visits to Colleges and Universities in California
- Bi-monthly Session with an Upward Bound counselor to develop an individual education plan and monitor progress.
- Summer Academic Program – Through concurrent enrollment students have the opportunity to enroll in two college level courses during the six-week session and earn college credit. The summer session is a comprehensive program that includes:
- Two Academic Classes
- Daily Tutorial Sessions
- ACT/SAT Prep Workshops
- College and Financial Aid Informational Workshops
- Organized Recreational Activities