Spring 2024, tentative:
Monday, February 26 – Friday, March 22, 2024 (20 days)
8 a.m – 5 p.m. Daily
POST Course Control No: 4900-25000-23-001
Yuba College, Building 2100, Room 2148
2088 North Beale Road, East Lot
Marysville CA 95901
Email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
This POST-certified, 160-hour minimum course serves two purposes:
- Three-Year Requalification*
This course is available to individuals who have successfully completed a POST-certified Regular or Specialized Investigators’ Basic Course, the Basic Course Waiver (BCW) process, or have a three-year or longer break in qualifying employment from a California law enforcement employer for which the position required completion of Regular Basic Course (RBC) or Specialized Investigators’ Basic Course (SIBC) training.
- Basic Course Waiver Assessment Process
After an evaluation has been approved by POST, the requalification course must be completed to meet the assessment requirements of the BCW process unless an individual qualifies for the testing process.
*Six-Year Exception: Individuals who successfully completed the RBC, SIBC, or Basic Course Waiver process on or after July 1, 1999 but who never served in a position for which a Regular or Specialized Investigators’ Basic Course was required by law, may requalify by completing the POST Requalification Course one time within six years from the date of basic course or waiver process completion. After six years, those individuals must complete the appropriate basic course (RBC or SIBC) to requalify, regardless of when the Requalification Course was completed.
ENROLLMENT REQUIREMENT (turn in your pre-requisites now):
- Medical and DOJ clearance (sponsored or non-sponsored forms)
- Requalification Orientation and Policy Acknowledgement
- POST Profile
- Driver’s License
- 46.00/unit x 6.5 units (CA resident) + 10.00 one time fee + 40.00 parking fee (E-plated Vehicles Exempt)
- Apply Now (Step 1 (two-step process)
- Classroom Attire: Business Casual
- DTAC Attire: Navy Blue or Black sweatpants with elastic around ankles & black T-Shirt (no shorts)
- Range Attire: Jeans or Black BDU pants with plain shirt & inclement weather necessities
You are required to supply your own ammunition for the Firearms portion of this course. If you are borrowing a weapon from the college, you will need 9mm. There will be a total of 300 rounds required. Please do not wait until the last minute to purchase your ammunition, as it could take up to 10 days to get proper clearances to purchase in California (even after you’ve received your DOJ clearance). Do not bring your firearm or ammunition to campus until requested to do so by the academy instructors.