Apply Now Steps
Welcome to Yuba College! Thank you for your interest in our college and academic programs. Click here to download a printable version of these instructions. If this is your first time taking a class with Yuba College, follow the easy steps outlined below.
Once you have your Student ID number, complete the Online Orientation. You will receive an email from us listing your Student ID number once your application has been processed. You can also look up your Student ID number and password info at YCCD Online Help
Online Orientation Login/Password format:
- Student ID, type in the first letter of your last name, capitalized, followed by your 7-digit number. For example, D0498412
- Password, Default password: John Doe with an SSN of 123-45-6789 born on January 2, 1999 would be Jd678901
Once the online orientation is complete, schedule an appointment to meet with a counselor. A counselor will help place you in English and Math and develop an Abbreviated Educational Plan.
Counseling is available at the following Yuba College locations:
>Marysville Campus (530. 634.7766)
>Sutter County Center (530.751.5600)
All NEW students are required to meet with a counselor. You are considered a new student if you have not previously attended Yuba College (except during high school) or any other college.
All HIGH SCHOOL STUDENTS – Dual Enrollment are required to follow Dual Enrollment Steps.
All RETURNING students who have previously attended Yuba College are required to meet with a counselor.
All TRANSFER students are required to meet with a counselor. Please bring any outside transcripts with you to your appointment.
With the assistance of a counselor, you will select courses to enroll at Yuba College. Counselors will make recommendations and develop an abbreviated educational plan that fits your academic objectives. Be sure to attend your counseling appointment in order to be cleared for registration! Check your priority registration date.
EXEMPTIONS: Some students may not need to meet with a counselor depending on their educational background or plans for study. If you meet 2 or more of the following criteria, you are not required to meet with a counselor. Note: If you are needing to have a pre-requisite reviewed from an outside institution, you will need to meet with a counselor (make sure to bring a copy of your unofficial transcripts).
- Have completed an associate or higher degree (specify college, degree, month/year awarded and include copy of degree or transcripts)
- Will be enrolling in performance classes only (e.g. music, drama, physical education activity classes)
- Currently enrolled at a four-year college or university (transcripts required)
- Enrolling in fewer than six units
- Not planning to earn a degree or certificate
- Enrolling in job-skill upgrade, self-improvement, or general interest courses
- Enrolling in classes for which you have previous training
In order to be granted an exemption, you will need to complete and submit a Matriculation Exception Form to the Counseling Department either in person or send a request via email. (for email requests: indicate the corresponding numbers of the two or more exemption criteria that apply to you, along with your Student ID number, and scanned copies of any required verification documents). Please make sure to include all necessary information and verification to avoid delay.
Once you have completed all the necessary steps, you are cleared for registration!
However, registration is set according to a student’s priority date and students can register only after their specified date. New students who are fully matriculated (completed all steps) will be given Day 6 priority. New students who have not completed all steps will not be eligible to register until doing so. Check your priority registration date.
How to Register
Register online through Self-Service. Students can access Self-Service, student email, Canvas, and other interfaces through our YCCD Single Sign-On Portal. Just go to login.yccd.edu to start, and click on the Self Service button:
- Once logged in to Self-Service, click on “Registration Checklist” link at the top of the page and follow the steps.
- How does waitlisting work?
- Remember, you have 10 Days to Pay. You will be dropped automatically from a class if you do not pay your fees within 10 days of registering.
- It is important to show up for the first day of class to avoid being dropped!
Want to achieve your academic and social goals @YC? Keep informed, communicate with fellow students, know and manage your schedule with the following tools:
Download the free Yuba College App now!
Follow us on Twitter @dustyniner
Click here to purchase your parking permit. Click on the “Buy Permits” option. Enter your Last Name, Student ID, and First Name in the Pre-Approved Search. Be sure to use the first letter of your Last Name in CAPS before the 7-digit student ID number. Then select the appropriate Parking Permit (Auto or Motorcycle) and follow the online instructions.
Purchase your books at a campus bookstore or online. Click here to get a list of required textbooks, purchase your books online, find information about store locations, or purchase Yuba College spirit merchandise.
Your safety is our top priority We are requesting your mobile number for use by our emergency messaging system. Sign up for Emergency Notifications