Basic Wildland Firefighter — POSTPONED
Yuba College Fire Technology, in cooperation with CalFire Nevada/Yuba/Placer Unit is excited to present the Basic Wildland Firefighter (BWF) class. This 223 hour BWF class will meet the minimum requirements to gain seasonal employment with CalFire. The BFW training includes: Firefighter Safety, Wildland Fire Suppression, Structural Fire Suppression, Firefighter Survival and communications. This course has been postponed. Please continue to submit applications as more updates will be available soon.
This class has a maximum of 20 students. You Must Apply NOW!
Academy Dates: April 10, 2020 to June 28, 2020
Please send your interest to email@example.com. Further information and forms will be provided to those on the interest list. This course has been postponed. Please continue to submit applications as more updates will be available soon.
Times: Friday: 5:30 pm—9:30 pm; Saturday & Sunday: 8:00 am—5 pm
Location: Yuba College Public Safety Center, 2088 North Beale Road, Marysville Building 2100, Room 2142, East Lot
Certifications: CalFire Basic Wildland Fireﬁghter, NWCG S-190, S-130, L180, ICS 100, CSTI Fro/Decon, Healthcare Provider CPR, and Title 22/Public Safety First Aid, NIMS 700 & 800
- Must be 18 years old by June 20, 2020
- Pass a arduous physical work, medical exam
- Possess/Purchase the required equipment per the list (attached)
- Ability to enroll for classes at Yuba College
- Minimum of Public Safety First Aid & CPR (CA Health and Safety Code 1797.182). This class is scheduled prior to the start of the class. Further information will be provided.
- Hazardous Materials, First Responder Operations (FRO) curriculum that meets or exceeds (CSTI or SFT FSTEP). This class is scheduled for April 3-5 at Yuba College
Financial Aid: https://yc.yccd.edu/student/financialaid/
- Public Safety Dean:
- Dr. Pete Villarreal – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Public Safety Director (Interim)
- Fire Academy Facilitator
- Degree Program Faculty
- David Ray – email@example.com
- Office Administrative Staff
- Corrine Gil – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Program Counselor
- Kelly Boren – email@example.com