Basic Wildland Firefighter
Yuba College Fire Technology, in cooperation with CalFire Nevada/Yuba/Placer Unit is excited to present the Basic Wildland Firefighter (BWF) class. This 219 hour BWF class will meet the minimum requirements to gain seasonal employment with CalFire. The BFW training includes: Firefighter Safety, Wildland Fire Suppression, Structural Fire Suppression, Firefighter Survival and communications.
Academy Dates: Fall Dates – Oct. 1 – Dec. 19, 2021 – Waitlisitng
FULL-TIME Monday-Friday Academy: Nov. 1 – Dec. 10, 2021 – Waitlisting
Applications accepted July 1 – September 1, 2021 – Maximum of 30 students
BWF Timelines 2021 Fall Academy- 12 weekends Friday-Sunday
BWF Timelines 2021Fall/Winter Monday-Friday – 5 weeks
Please send your interest to firstname.lastname@example.org Further information and forms will be provided to those on the interest list.
Times: Friday, October 1, 2021 — 1:00 p.m. – 9:30 p.m.;
Fridays after October 1: 5:30 pm—9:30 pm; Saturday & Sunday: 8:00 am—5 pm
Location: Yuba College Public Safety Center, 2088 North Beale Road, Marysville Building 2100, Room 2142, East Lot
Certifications: CalFire Basic Wildland Fireﬁghter, Confined Space Awareness, Firefighter Survival, NWCG S-190, S-130, L180, ICS 100, CSTI Fro/Decon, Healthcare Provider CPR, and Title 22/Public Safety First Aid, NIMS 700 & 800
- Must be 18 years old by class start date.
- Pass a arduous physical work, medical exam
- Possess/Purchase the required equipment per the list
- Ability to enroll for classes at Yuba College
- Minimum of Public Safety First Aid & CPR (CA Health and Safety Code 1797.182). Training Alliance for Public Safety, Inc – Home (tapstraining.com)
- Hazardous Materials, First Responder Operations (FRO) curriculum that meets or exceeds (CSTI or SFT FSTEP). FIRTC 206 Yuba College Course.
Financial Aid: https: Financial Aid – Welcome to Yuba College (yccd.edu)