CANDIDATE SELECTION PROCESS
20 Students will be accepted into the Marysville Campus.
5 Students will be accepted as alternates for the Marysville Campus (effective 2023, there will be 10 alternates selected).
5 Students will be accepted for the Redding Campus.
2 Students will be accepted as alternates for the Redding Campus. (effective 2023, there will be 5 alternates selected).
- Applicants with complete and accepted applications will be randomly selected by lottery.
- Students are notified no later than the last Friday in April as to their status.
- It is recommended that you check your @go.yccd.edu email DAILY.
- Once you receive a conditional acceptance or conditional alternate letter, you will have 5 business days to accept it.
- Students accepted as well as alternates are required to take RT 55 (3-day mandatory orientation) in May. An all-day orientation on the third Thursday in May will replace RT 55 in 2023. Failure to attend the orientation will result in the acceptance letter being revoked.
- Alternates are required to keep all immunizations current and can be selected for placement up to the first week of class.
- Admission deferrals are not accepted.
- If an application is not accepted for any reason (including those not chosen by lottery) the student is invited to reapply during the next application cycle. Applications are not kept on file.