92nd Yuba College Commencement Ceremony
Congratulations 49ers! It’s time to celebrate your successes!
Virtual Live Event will begin at 7:00 pm on Friday, May 15th. Visit: bit.ly/YCGrad2020 for live feed
6:30-9:30 pm: Family and Friends can share congratulatory messages by posting them to our monitored Yuba College Facebook page and send LIVE messages via chat on the live stream!
7:00-7:05 pm: There will be march-like music playing. Make sure you march around in your house; head held up high with pride!
7:00 pm: 2020 Yuba College Commencement Ceremony will go live! bit.ly/YCGrad2020
- Stand for the National Anthem and Pledge of Allegiance
- Make sure you watch for your slide to go by (alphabetical order by last name)
- AND don’t forget to MOVE YOUR TASSLE from left to right when prompted!
8:00 pm: A website with all the featured speeches, faculty congratulatory shout-outs and student slides will be available to watch over and over and over again! You’ll even be able to download your own slide to keep and share to all your social media accounts.
Visit: bit.ly/2020YCGradAWAYtion for stand-alone website
#YCGraduation2020 #YCGradAWAYtion #49erStrong
- Admissions & Records will evaluate all degree applications once Spring 2020 final grades have been posted.
- Evaluating 1,000+ degree applications will take about 2 months to complete.
- Due to our current world situation, degrees will all be mailed at the same time.
- Expect your degree late-July to mid-August.
- Admissions and Records will reach out to you via your Yuba College email if they have any questions or concerns.
- Submit your photo and personal message for your Yuba College Virtual Commencement Ceremony slide. Deadline to submit is Thursday, May 7 @ 11:55 pm. Visit: yccd.marchingorder.com Use your Yuba College @go.yccd.edu email to register.
- Please participate in our Graduate survey: bit.ly/35o6dNC
- The 2020 Yuba College Virtual Commencement Ceremony will go live at 7:00 pm on Friday, May 15th @ yc.yccd.edu
All Graduates should have already received an email regarding creating their Virtual Commencement Graduation Slide.
- Sample of email: Step by Step process to create a login/password to our virtual site sample
- Once students login, they upload a photo and personalized message onto their Graduate Slide Form Sample
- A confirmation email is sent to them confirming their submission – Confirmation Email Sample
Reminder texts and emails will follow as we get closer to our Virtual Commencement date!
If you have any questions be email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Based on the state and federal guidelines related to the COVID-19 pandemic and social distancing, we have made the difficult decision to move the 2020 Commencement activities to a virtual format. Your achievements and hard work are essential to us and deserve to be celebrated!
Although, at this time, we are not able to celebrate our ceremony in person, we would like to give each graduate the opportunity to celebrate all that they have accomplished during their time at Yuba College. As such, we are planning an online celebration of 2020 Graduates so that they can remotely share this moment with their family, friends, and the academic community.
This year we are hosting our Virtual Commencement on May 15th, 2020 @ 7:00 pm, while still trying to maintain the important traditions of Yuba College.
Graduate Steps for the Yuba College Virtual Commencement Ceremony
COMPLETED: RSVP to participate in the Virtual Graduation Ceremony through Self Service at the same time you apply to receive your degree.
If you have submitted your graduation application through self-service, Self Service, you will already be eligible to participate in our Virtual Commencement.
COMPLETED: Soon after the Grad Application Deadline (April 15), you will receive an email asking you to participate in a graduation survey. Please complete it.
This survey will ask what your plans are for the future and what person had the most positive influence on you during your attendance at Yuba College.
COMPLETED: Apply to be a Graduation Speaker by April 27, 2020. Visit yccd.edu/campus/graduation/speaker/
COMPLETED: Graduates should expect an email from our Virtual Platform “MarchingOrder”. Sample of email: Step by Step process to create a login/password to our virtual site sample
COMPLETED: Each graduate will have the opportunity to be recognized with an official slide that can be personalized with their photo and personal message, and which can be downloaded and shared on social media. Once students login, they upload a photo and personalized message onto their Graduate Slide Form Sample. Visit: yccd.marchingorder.com Use your Yuba College @go.yccd.edu email to register.
The deadline to submit photos and a personal message is Thursday, May 7 @ 11:55 pm.
If they would like to submit their photo wearing graduation regalia, they can be purchased them at our Yuba College Bookstore! CAP/TASSEL/GOWN – Purchase Cap, Gown. Tassel and even an Honor Cord from the Yuba College Bookstore. Purchase ONLINE now @ www.yubashop.com or Purchase IN-STORE. **All regalia transactions will be entered to win a diploma frame valued @ $104!**
COMPLETED: A confirmation email is sent to them confirming their submission – Confirmation Email Sample
All students should participate in the GRADUATION SURVEY. This survey will ask what their plans are for the future and what person had the most positive influence on them during their attendance at Yuba College. https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/20Grad_YC
Reminder texts and emails will follow as we get closer to our Virtual Commencement date! We are looking forward to holding this safe and fun way to celebrate successes together!
*Please Note: All Graduates participating in the Virtual Graduation Ceremony will be given the opportunity to participate in the May 2021 Commencement Ceremonies.