High School Students – Dual Enrollment
EARN COLLEGE CREDIT WHILE YOU ARE STILL IN HIGH SCHOOL FOR FREE!
High School students can take advantage of the Dual Enrollment program at Yuba College to earn dual credit for college classes that the high school may also count towards graduation!
- Save Money – Dual enrollment college courses have no tuition charges as long as you remain a less-than full-time student
- Save Time – Dual enrollment courses allow you to count one course for both college and high school credit when you used to have to take two separate courses! When you complete high school you could have accumulated enough credits to substantially save time toward graduating from college! In 2018 we had a student graduate with her associates degree prior to graduating from high school!
- Increase likelihood of college completion
Steps to Enroll at Yuba College as a High School Student:
STEP 1: Have completed the 8th grade
STEP 2: Complete an Online Yuba College Application
STEP 3: Read & Complete a High School Recommendation Form
STEP 4: Submit completed High School Recommendation Form to YCAdmissions@yccd.edu
We are only able to accept forms from the student’s Yuba College email or the high school counselor/designee’s work email (for security and authentication purposes).
For pre-registration, Summer & Fall 2021 forms will be accepted starting Monday, April 26th through Thursday, May 20th. This will allow students to register at 12:01AM on Monday, May 24, 2021 via the Yuba College Portal Self Service
Forms received after Thursday, May 20, 2021 will be processed as received.
Acceptable signature formats:
- Student’s signature – typed, electronic, or actual signature
- Parent’s signature – electronic or actual signature
- High school counselor/designee’s signature – electronic or actual signature
Ensure you attend the first day of class!
If taking a Math, English class or one with a prerequisite of Math or English. High school students can utilize their high school transcript for AB 705 placement starting at the end of their 10th grade year! Send unofficial high school transcript with the completed High School Recommendation Form to register for courses.
A high school student who has completed the EIGHTH grade may be admitted on a part-time basis subject to the following requirements with the written recommendation of the high school administrator and the parent’s permission:
- No Physical Education/Kinesiology courses may be taken; students must have met any course prerequisite requirements;
- Students are required to fulfill the minimum day requirement at their high school, or, for charter/home-schooled students, the parent has to verify that the proposed college course work will not interfere with the student’s basic high school course work;
- Charter or home-schooled students must present a grade equivalency certification documenting the grade level the student has achieved;
- Charter or home-schooled students must present a copy of the affidavit submitted to the State or County Office of Education to document the student’s involvement in an educational process;
- Concurrently enrolled students receive the lowest registration priority.
- Students must be certified to be eligible for advanced scholastic or vocational coursework (courses numbered 1-99). Contact the high school administrator for information concerning authorization to enroll.
- Students are subject to all rules, regulations, and fees for the College.
- The enrollment and Student Services fee will be waived for eligible students.