High School Students
EARN COLLEGE CREDIT WHILE YOU ARE STILL IN HIGH SCHOOL!
High School students can take advantage of the Dual Enrollment program at Yuba College
TO REGISTER IN DUAL ENROLLMENT AT YUBA COLLEGE STUDENTS MUST:
- Have completed the 8th grade
- Complete an Online Application.
- Complete the Assessment Test (if needed as a prerequisite for a course student plans to enroll in)
- Complete a High School Recommendation Form (also available at your high school)
- Submit completed High School Recommendation Form to the Yuba College Admissions and Records Office
A high school student who has completed the EIGHTH grade may be admitted on a part-time basis subject to the following requirements with the written recommendation of the high school administrator and the parent’s permission:
- No Physical Education courses may be taken; students must have met any course prerequisite requirements;
- Students are required to fulfill the minimum day requirement at their high school, or, for charter/home-schooled students, the parent has to verify that the proposed college course work will not interfere with the student’s basic high school course work;
- Charter or home-schooled students must present a grade equivalency certification documenting the grade level the student has achieved;
- Charter or home-schooled students must present a copy of the affidavit submitted to the State or County Office of Education to document the student’s involvement in an educational process;
- Concurrently enrolled students receive the lowest registration priority.
- Students must be certified to be eligible for advanced scholastic or vocational coursework (courses numbered 1-99). Contact the high school administrator for information concerning authorization to enroll.
- Students are subject to all rules, regulations, and fees for the College.
- The enrollment and Student Services fee will be waived for eligible students. (nonresident tuition fee will be charged if applicable)