What is EOPS?
Extended Opportunity Program & Services (EOPS) is a program that provides eligible students a network of direct support services. EOPS focuses on assisting students who are low income and are educationally disadvantaged.
Once Financial Aid has determined you are income eligible, either through the California Community College Promise Grant (formerly BOGW); or through the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). A student will be considered for EOPS if the following criteria are met:
- Be 18 years of age
- Have a high school diploma, GED or equivalent
- Be a California Resident or Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) eligible
- Enrolled in 12 or more units
- Have completed less than 70 semester degree applicable college units
- Deemed educationally disadvantaged:
- Previously enrolled in remedial education
- First generation college student
- Emancipated Foster Youth
- Student is a member of an underrepresented target group by local Yuba College student equity goals
EOPS Graduating Class of 2019!!!