In accordance with federal regulations set forth by The Higher Education Act of 1965, as amended, the following is a summary of consumer information that must be made available to all students at Yuba College. Each topic listed gives a brief description of the information that must be disclosed and explains how it can be obtained. Additional details are available in the Yuba College Catalog.

If you need help getting any of the information listed or you would like a paper copy, please contact the Financial Aid Office at your college.


Family Education Rights and Privacy Act

The security of student information is very important to us, and we comply with the requirements under the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA). Per the Family Education Rights and Privacy Act, students have the right to:

  1. Inspect and review their own education records within a reasonable time after the college receives a request for access. Education records include any item of information directly related to an identifiable student maintained by the district or college or required to be maintained by an employee in the performance of the employee’s duties, whether that information is recorded by handwriting, print, tapes, files, microfilm, electronically, or by other means. Education records do not include: directory information, information provided by a student’s parent related to financial aid or scholarships, information prepared by and that remains in the sole possession of the person who created it, certain medical records, and decisions reached as a result of disciplinary hearings. Education records are maintained by the offices that generate or receive those records and the manager of those offices is responsible for the maintenance of those records. The Admissions and Records Office at each college maintains a log of those persons who have been given access to education records as required by FERPA.
  2. Request an amendment of their education record if a student believes it is inaccurate or misleading. If a student feels there is an error in his or her record, then the student should submit a statement to the college official responsible for the record, clearly identifying the part of the record he or she wants changed and why he or she believes it is inaccurate or misleading. That office will notify the student of their decision and advise of any appropriate appeal rights.
  3. Consent to disclosure of personally identifiable information contained in the student’s education records, except to the extent that FERPA authorizes disclosure without consent. There are several exceptions which permit disclosure without consent, including but not limited to:
    • Disclosure to school officials with “legitimate educational interests.” School officials are employees of the district and its colleges, agents with which the district or college has contracted with to provide services, the board of trustees, or students serving on a committee or assisting another school official in the performance of his or her tasks. A legitimate educational interest exists when the school official has a need to know the information in connection with his or her official duties.
    • “Directory information,” which includes a student’s name, identification number, major field of study, participation in officially recognized activities and sports, weight and height of members of athletic teams, dates of attendance, degrees and awards received, and most recent previous public or private school attended by the student. A student has the right to withhold the release of directory information. To do so, the student must complete a form, which is available in the Admissions and Records Office. However, placing a “No Release” on a student’s records means that no one including friends, parents, prospective employers, honor societies, or any other group or individual will be able to obtain this information.
    • Disclosures to officials of another school, school system, or institution of postsecondary education where the student seeks or intends to enroll, or where the student is already enrolled, so long as the disclosure is for the purpose related to the student’s enrollment or transfer.
  1. File a complaint with the US Department of Education concerning alleged failures by the district or college to comply with the requirements of FERPA. Further information about FERPA and student records can be found in or at the college office of the Vice President of Academic and Student Services.

Further information about FERPA and student records can be found in Board Policy 5040, Student Records, Directory Information and Privacy and Administrative Policy 5040, Student Records, Directory Information and Privacy or at the college office of the Vice President of Academic and Student Services.

For information on how to order transcripts, go to


Programs and Services Available to Students with Disabilities

The Disabled Students Programs and Services (DSPS) provides support services to students with disabilities in an effort to ensure equal opportunity and participation at Yuba College.


Student Body Diversity

Yuba College regularly reports information about student diversity to the Integrated Post-secondary Education Data System (IPEDS). Follow these steps to access this information online:

  1. Go to the IPEDS College Navigator.
  2. In the Name of School box type Yuba College.
  3. Click on “Show Results”.
  4. Click on the “Yuba College” link that appears to the right.
  5. For gender and race/ethnicity data, click on the “Enrollments” link to expand the selection.
  6. For information about Pell Grant recipients, click on the “Financial Aid” link to expand the selection.

See more facts and statistics about Yuba College, including gender, demographics, and other data.



Each semester’s book list and refund policy is available on the bookstore website.

In our online class schedule, every class has a link to the book list. Not all classes require textbooks. Each semester’s book list is posted at the same time the class schedule is posted. The book list is subject to change before and during the semester.


Voter Information

Yuba College encourages students to be more engaged and well-informed citizens. Our goal is to empower and educate students about their rights.  

Click here for more information about the Student Civic and Voter Empowerment Act.


Selective Service

According to Federal Law, most males must register with Selective Service to receive federal student aid. If you are a female or were born before 1960, registration is not required. If you are a male between the ages of 18 through 25, you must register with Selective Service to be eligible for financial aid and will be asked to provide confirmation of your registration (e.g. a copy of your Selective Service Registration Acknowledgment).

If you did not register, you can register with Selective Service by doing one of the following:

  • Register on the web at
  • Complete a Selective Service Registration form at your local post office.
  • Answer “Yes” to Item 22 on your Student Aid Report (SAR), and return your signed SAR to the Department of Education.


Accreditation, Transfer of Credit, and Articulation

Yuba College is accredited by the Accrediting Commission for Community and Junior Colleges, Western Association of Schools and Colleges, 10 Commercial Blvd., Suite 204, Novato, CA 94949, (415) 506-0234, an institutional accrediting body recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation and the U.S. Department of Education. Additional information about accreditation, including the filing of complaints against member institutions, can be found at: Review the college Institutional Self Evaluation Report for additional information.

Programmatic Accreditation

Information on Yuba College programs that have been accredited, licensed, and/or approved by additional agencies is available at

Transfer of Credit and Articulation

Yuba College develops and maintains articulation agreements with baccalaureate degree granting institutions. For the policy, see AP 4050 Articulation. Specific information on course and/or program articulation agreements with the University of California and the California State University systems can be found at For information on articulation agreements with California independent colleges, out-of-state colleges, and international colleges, contact the Counseling Department.



Withdrawals, or drops, are authorized through the last day of the thirteenth week of instruction of the fall or spring semester or 75% of the course, whichever is less. Students may drop a class by the established deadline using WebAdvisor or by filing an appropriate form at the Office of Admissions and Records. The academic record of a student who remains in a course beyond the time allowed by district policy must reflect a symbol as authorized in AP 4230, Grading Symbols, other than a “W.” No notation (“W” or other) shall be made on the academic record of the student who withdraws by the end of the last business day before the census date (or 10% of course for short-term courses).

An excused withdrawal (EW) is available by special exemption and requires documentation. An excused withdrawal occurs when a student is permitted to withdraw from a course(s) due to extenuating circumstances or specific events beyond the control of the student affecting his or her ability to complete a course(s). A student must file a petition requesting this option and attach the appropriate documentation to support the extenuating circumstance or specific event. Upon review of submitted documentation and approval of the petition, a withdrawal symbol of “EW” will be assigned. Excused withdrawals will not be counted in progress probation and dismissal calculation. For more information, contact the College Student Services Office.

A student who is a member of an active or reserve United States military service and who receives orders compelling a withdrawal from courses shall be permitted to withdraw upon verification of such orders. A withdrawal symbol of “MW” may be assigned. Military withdrawal shall not be counted in progress probation or dismissal calculations, or in calculating the permitted number of withdrawals. In no case may a college require a student who is required to report for military duty to withdraw from a course by a specified date in order to receive a full refund of the tuition and fees the student paid to the college for the academic term in which the student was required to report for military service.

Further information can be found in the district Administrative Procedure 5013, Students in the Military and Administrative Procedure 5075, Course Adds and Drops or at the college office of the Vice President of Academic and Student Services.


Return of Aid

In accordance with Public Law 105-244 students who receive federal financial assistance and withdraw from all of their remaining classes before completing more than 60% of the semester will be required to return any unearned federal funds. The amount of the return will be calculated on a pro-rata basis. FWS are excluded from the calculation.

The percentage of Title IV aid earned will be calculated by counting the number of days from the beginning of the semester to the withdrawal date and dividing that number by the number of calendar days in the semester. Once that percentage is determined, it will be multiplied against the total amount of Title IV aid that was disbursed and that which have been disbursed.

To determine if a student was eligible to receive Title IV Funds even though none were disbursed, the cash management rule §668.164(g)(2) will be applied. To be an eligible student, FA must have:

  • Received either a SAR or ISIR having an official calculated EFC;
  • Determines that the student meets federal and institutional eligibility requirements
  • For FSEOG awards, awarded the students a grant
  • For Direct Loans, originated the loan and the borrower must have completed the first thirty days of the semester

Once the amount of earned Title IV Aid is determined, the sum will be subtracted from the total of the Title IV aid that was disbursed. If the student received more than earned amount, the unearned portion will be returned by the college and by the student in accordance with the method prescribed in regulation. The institutional charges for the semester will be multiplied by the percentage of the Title IV aid unearned and compared to the amount of Title IV aid to be returned. The smaller amount will be returned by the college in the following priority:

  1. Unsubsidized Direct Loans
  2. Subsidized Direct Loans
  3. PELL Grant
  4. FSEOG


Enrollment/Student Services Health Fees/Nonresident Tuition

Students are eligible for a refund of these fees if the procedures below are followed:

  • The student “officially” drops the class on or before the refund deadline Friday ending the second week of instruction for full-semester classes or ten percent of a short-term class), AND
  • The drop(s) reduces the student’s currently enrolled unit load
  • Refunds will NOT automatically be issued
  • A refund request is submitted in WebAdvisor
  • All enrollment fee refunds are subject to a once-a-semester $10 Refund Processing Fee
  • If fees were paid by check, there will be a waiting period until that check clears the student’s bank before refunds can be processed
Book Refunds

Full refunds will be made, at the College Bookstore, for books purchased for the current semester up to one week after the start of that semester. Receipts are required for all refunds and new books must be unmarked and in new condition. Unopened computer hardware and software may be returned within 14 days of purchase for a full refund. Electronic Software Download (ESD) purchases are final and non-returnable.

Parking fees

Students who withdraw from classes during the first two weeks of the semester (dates vary for short-term classes) may apply for a refund of the parking fee. The parking sticker must be returned to the campus police department to qualify for the refund.


Academic Programs, Instructional Facilities and Laboratories, and Faculty
Academic Programs

Upon satisfactory completion of requirements, students may earn an Associate in Arts degree (AA), Associate in Science degree (AS), Certificate of Achievement, and Department Certificate. For more information, see the college catalog, contact the Counseling Department, or see the academic program pages for more information.

School Costs

Cost of attendance budgets include average costs associated with all of the educational expenses a student will incur during the academic year. This includes tuition and fees, room and board, miscellaneous personal expenses, books and supplies, local transportation costs.

For more information, click on the links below:


The mission of Yuba Community College District Maintenance & Operations Department (M&O) is to maintain a campus that is clean, safe, aesthetically pleasing, provides inspiration and support to a quality learning environment, and is proactive, along with faculty and staff, in their mission to provide for students’ success in achieving their educational goals. M&O is committed to a culture of sustainability, frugal management of purchasing, and careful maintenance of our assets.

Yuba College provides the instructional, laboratory, and physical plant facilities needed to support each of its academic programs. Contact the dean for the department for specific information about the facilities and resources available to support the academic program.


Information about Yuba College faculty and instructional employees is available in our faculty and staff directory. For additional information, please contact the Yuba Community College District Office of Human Resources at (530)741-6976 or in person at 425 Plumas Blvd, Ste. 200, Yuba City, CA 95991.


Copyright and Piracy

Yuba Community College District supports the Higher Education Opportunity Act and Digital Millennium Copyright Act, including efforts to stop the illegal distribution of copyrighted material. All students, staff, and faculty in the Yuba Community College District are expected to comply with United States copyright laws (see Title 17 of the United States Code). We have developed guidelines to help students, faculty and staff comply with federal copyright laws. See Administrative Policy 3720, Computer and Network Usage; Administrative Policy 3750, Use of Copyrighted Material; and Administrative Procedure 5500, Standards of Student Conduct.


Constitution Day

To comply with the federal regulation requiring the development of educational programming to celebrate Constitution Day on September 17 Yuba College provides faculty, students, and staff with access to US Constitution Day educational resources. The National Constitution Center provides wealth of information and resources.


Financial Aid

Our goal is to assist you in bridging the gap between your own resources and the cost of attending college. We offer assistance with completing applications and providing information about the requirements of the various financial aid programs. Financial aid consists of federal grants, work study, state grants, fee waivers, and outside scholarships.

For more information, click on the links below:


Student Outcomes
Completion/Graduation, Retention, and Transfer-Out Rates
  • Go to the IPEDS College Navigator.
  • In the Name of School box type “Yuba College”.
  • Click on “Show Results”.
  • Click on the “Yuba College” link that appears to the right.
  • Click on the “Retention and Graduation Rates” link to expand the selection.


Equity In Athletics Disclosure Act

As part of the Equity in Athletics Disclosure Act, information on annual participation rates and financing of men’s and women’s sports in intercollegiate athletic programs is available by request. For more information or to get a copy of the report, contact the Athletic Director at Yuba College:

Athletics Department – Room 1204
2088 North Beale Rd.
Marysville, CA 95901
Phone: (530) 741-6779
Fax: (530) 634-7705

The Student Athlete Handbook is available at

More information is available at on the Department of Education’s website at


Health and Safety
Clery Act

The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act or Clery Act, signed in 1990, is a federal statute requiring colleges and universities to maintain and disclose campus crime statistics, campus safety policies, timely warning and emergency notification, crime log, and emergency response and evacuation procedures. The Yuba Community College District Police Department (YCCDPD) has the responsibility for gathering statistics, identifying reportable crimes and reporting/publishing statistics to the Department of Education, the FBI, and to the public. Statistics are reported in different formats and categories depending upon legal requirements: FBI reports include different crimes from The Jeanne Clery Act, while The Jeanne Clery Act requires statistics to be reported from a wider geographic area than the FBI (e.g., adjacent public property), and also requires reports of student disciplinary referrals in addition to arrests for drug, alcohol, and weapon offenses. In compliance with the Jeanne Clery Act, the YCCDPD updates and distributes this report annually. A paper copy of this report is available upon request by contacting the YCCDPD Chief of Police at 530-741-6771. College statistics are also available at

Emergency Notifications

If a serious crime takes place on campus and the suspects are at large, we issue timely warnings to alert staff, faculty, and students. To learn more about our notification system and to register your phone go to

Crime Alert Bulletins

Crime alert bulletins are regularly posted by the Yuba Community College District Police Department.

Campus Safety and Emergency Preparedness

Information regarding campus safety and district emergency preparedness can be found in Administrative Procedure 3505, Emergency Preparedness.

Drug Free Environment and Prevention

The District is committed to providing its employees and students with a drug-free workplace and campus environment. It emphasizes prevention and intervention through education.

The following program has been adopted to implement this policy:

The Student Code of Conduct, supported by Education Code Section 60041, prohibits the unlawful possession, use, or distribution of illicit drugs and/or alcohol by students on its property or as part of any of its activities.

Information regarding applicable legal sanctions under local, State, and Federal law for the unlawful possession or distribution of illicit drugs and/or alcohol is available to all students through the District Police Department.

Educational materials regarding the health risks associated with the use of illicit drugs and the abuse of alcohol are made available to all students through the Counseling Department.  Information regarding resources for drug or alcohol counseling and treatment are also available through the District Counseling Services.

Read Administrative Procedure 3550, Drug Free Environment and Drug Prevention for more information.


California Community Colleges do not require proof of immunization for enrollment. Depending on the major, immunizations may be necessary prior to acceptance into selected programs. Students should consult with the specific department for further information.


Discrimination and Harassment Complaint Procedures

Yuba College has procedures in place to address discrimination and harassment complaints, including complaints related to equity, sexual harassment, Title IX, 504, and ADA.

Complaints may be filed by students or employees who have experienced or witnessed unlawful discrimination. A student, employee, or third party who believes he/she has been discriminated against or harassed in violation of these policy and procedures may make a complaint orally or in writing, within one year of the date of the alleged harassment or the date on which the complainant knew or should have known of the facts underlying the complaint.

Read Administrative Procedure 3435, Discrimination and Harassment Investigations to learn more about the Yuba Community College District discrimination and harassment complaint procedures.


Contact Information

Yuba College is open from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday. Campus closures are posted on the Academic Calendar (color-coded grid view).

Admissions and Records

Phone: (530) 741-6720
Fax: (530) 741-6872

Financial Aid Office

Yuba College
2088 North Beale Road – Room 101
Marysville, CA 95901
Phone: 530-749-7999

Outreach and Recruitment

Inderjit Deol, Outreach and Recruitment Specialist
Yuba College
2088 North Beale Road – Room 16
Marysville, CA 95901
Phone: 530-741-6588