Yuba College Child Development Center
Yuba College Main Campus
2088 North Beale Rd., Building 1600 #E
Monday – Friday 7:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m
Director: Karen Stanis
Yuba College Child Development Center has openings available for children 18 months to 5 years old. We offer quality childcare at free or reduced rates. Yuba College Child Development Center offers a full day or half-day program that provides your child with many opportunities to grow and learn. Our environment is designed to enhance a child’s development through natural science, art, language, physical, and number sense experiences.
Child Development Center offers
- Developmentally appropriate activities
- Child-initiated activities
- Parent Education
- Safe nurturing environment
- Nutritionally balanced snacks and meals
- Appreciation for diversity promoted
- Indoor/outdoor activities
- Water play and more…
Objectives of the Child Development Program:
1. To use developmentally appropriate practices.
2. To use teaching strategies that address all styles of learning.
3. To extend children’s understanding of the world around them.
4. To provide concrete, real experiences, within the understanding of the group as a whole and the individual interests of each child.
5. To emphasize the growing independence of the children, in group settings, to encourage the children to make choices, initiate activities, and to solve problems.
6. To promote, appreciate, and show respect for diverse cultures.
7. To promote good nutritional habits and encourage experiences with a variety of foods.