Transcripts contain information about a student’s academic record: a chronological list of classes, grades, credits, and degrees earned, but there is a big difference in official vs. unofficial transcripts and how they are used.
- There is no charge for Unofficial Transcripts.
- Unofficial transcripts can be used by students to check grades, course enrollment history and as part of an initial (first step) of applying to a transfer or graduate school, for some employment opportunities and some scholarships.
- Unofficial transcripts are printed on plain paper and do not have a college seal or signature.
- Transcripts that have been in the hands of the student such as student copy/unofficial transcripts are not considered official.
- to request an unofficial transcript, email email@example.com
- The first 2 transcripts are free, then there is a $5 charge for each transcript.
- Only an official transcript includes the college seal and signature, and the date it was issued. If sent electronically, official transcripts are electronically verified by both the sending and receiving institution.
- An official transcript is delivered in a sealed envelope or secure electronic PDF, which should not be opened by anyone except the addressee. It is a legal document.
- Official transcripts are generally only needed at the final step of applying to a transfer or graduate school, for some employment opportunities and some scholarships. Before ordering official transcripts, confirm first that unofficial transcripts cannot be used by the college/university, business or organization that is requesting your transcripts.
Official Transcript Fees
- First 2 transcripts: Free
- Additional transcripts: $5.00 per copy
- Rush Service: $10.00 per copy
- Online orders: $2.25 processing fee
How to Order an Official Transcript
The fastest and easiest way to order official transcripts is online through the National Student Clearinghouse.
Secure electronic PDF transcripts can only be ordered online. When requesting digital copies of your official transcript, you should select the institution as the receiver. Other colleges and universities may not accept digital copies of your transcript if forwarded from the student. The email and the digital transcripts should come from Yuba College.
In Person, Mail, and Fax Requests
If you are unable to order online, complete the Transcript Request Form. Make sure to complete the entire form before submitting it.
Forms can be submitted in person to Admissions and Records at the Marysville Campus or Sutter County Center. A photo ID is required for all in person requests.
Forms can also be mailed or faxed. Payment can be made by Visa, Mastercard, Discover, American Express. check or money order. Credit card information can be entered on the bottom of the form. Checks and money orders should be made payable to Yuba College. Forms and payment should be sent to:
Admissions and Records
2088 North Beale Road
Marysville, CA 95901
Fax: (530) 741-6872