Student Support Services (SSS/SSS-STEM)
The Student Support Services (SSS) program is a federally funded program designed to help students of disadvantaged backgrounds be able to succeed in pursuit of higher education. Our goal is to foster a positive learning climate and assist our students in meeting their educational goals by providing academic, social, and financial support.
To be considered, applicant must be a Yuba College student holding a U.S. citizenship or permanent residency status and meet one or more of the following:
- First generation (neither parent graduated with a bachelor’s degree or higher)
- Be income-eligible (as determined by the federal government)
- have a verified disability
- demonstrate academic need and desire to graduate with an Associate degree and/or transfer to a four-year institution
- To qualify for SSS-STEM, applicant MUST ALSO intend to a major in the Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematic (STEM) field such as
- Computer Science
- Earth Science
- Life Science
- Pre-Medicine or Pre-Pharmacy
If you have any questions, please contact us at email@example.com.