It is the STUDENT’S responsibility to meet ALL criteria.
Applications are accepted continuously and a new Psychiatric Technician class will start each fall. OFFICIAL high school and college transcripts MUST be submitted WITH the application. (Even if you have previously submitted transcripts to Yuba College, you MUST obtain a new OFFICIAL transcript to attach to your application.)
You should request official transcripts from your high school and other colleges attended to be sent directly to you. Do NOT open these transcripts when you receive them. Attach the transcripts (in their sealed envelopes) to the application. When you have ALL official transcripts to verify that you have completed the prerequisites, you should mail the application and transcripts to the Yuba College – Nursing & Allied Health Division ATTN: Suzanne Jones. Applications submitted without OFFICIAL transcripts attached will be RETURNED to the student.
Yuba College offers a Psychiatric Technology program at the Marysville Campus. The program consists of four full semester and one summer session. The program includes clinical experience, under the direct supervision of a clinical instructor, in agencies that provide services to the developmentally, mentally, and physically disabled.
There are no restrictions as to race, religion, gender, or marital status.
Applicants are responsible for meeting ALL requirements for placement on the wait list. To be eligible for the wait list, applicants MUST:
1. Complete the Yuba College Psychiatric Technology application.
2. Obtain an OFFICIAL copy of your high school/college or GED transcript (do NOT open sealed envelope) and ATTACH it to the application. High School transcripts do not need to be sent if you have a college associate or bachelor’s degree. Official college transcripts would need to be attached.
3. Have successfully completed a high school course of study (high school graduation or G.E.D.), and be at least 18 years of age by the date of license application.
4. Have a satisfactory score on English placement exam to be qualified to register for English 51 and have a satisfactory score on Math placement exam to be qualified to register for Math 50.I unable to meet the English and/or Math placements scoring, students must successfully take the courses with a grade of “C” or better prior to admission into the Psychiatric Technician Program.
5. While the College will allow admittance into the Psychiatric Technology program to those students who may possess impairments that would preclude them from performing the physical and mental capabilities appropriate to the Psychiatric Technology profession, the affiliate hospitals and clinics have the right to refuse clinical access to those individuals who they believe do not meet performance or safety standards necessary to insure the proper treatment of their patients
6. Applicants will be offered a space in the class based on his/her wait list order until the class has been filled. Additional qualified applicants will be offered admission up to the first day of class if space becomes available, based on their placement on the waitlist.
7. Be in good physical and mental health.*
8. Have a relatively “clear” criminal background as determined by a fingerprint check- which will be done just prior to 2nd semester.
9. Pass a drug screen test- which will be done just prior to 2nd semester.
The Psychiatric Technician program is an impacted program. After your application with official high school transcripts are received, your name is added to the program waitlist. and students will receive an email with their wait list number.
It is the STUDENTS responsibility to keep the program updated with change of address or phone number.