For Case Managers
Juggling the responsibilities of parenting, school, and work while satisfying CalWORKs
requirements is an on-going challenge for many students. To ensure that CalWORKs
students succeed, Yuba College CalWORKs provides on-campus services to students.
All services are designed to help the student meet their 32-35 hour CalWORKs participation
requirement and to reach their employment goal before the end of their CalWORKs
time limit. Services available to CalWORKs students are academic counseling, job
search resources, job placement and job retention services, assistance with childcare,
and referrals to other community resources.
All staff understand CalWORKs regulations and requirements. To share information
about student progress with you, all students participating in the on campus CalWORKs
program have a Release of Information form on file. Plus, staff and counselors are
always available to answer any questions you may have about a student’s participation.
To help keep you informed, Yuba College CalWORKs staff will notify you:
- If a student begins, ends, or changes jobs
- If a student changes his/her class schedule
- If an employer has concerns with a student’s work performance
- If a student receives a raise
- If a student is in jeopardy of dropping classes
- If a student reports a change of address