Yuba College’s Commitment to Students:
Working, attending college, and raising a family all at once can be challenging. That’s why
Yuba College CalWORKs offers a core of comprehensive services to help CalWORKs
students achieve their educational and employment goals. Some of the services offered by
Yuba College CalWORKs are:
Between work and family, it can be difficult to find time to plan out your education goal. That’s
why Yuba College CalWORKs Counselors are available. These counselors will help you
choose a career that fits your interests and abilities. CalWORKs Counselors can help you:
- Assess and decide on a field of study.
- Develop an educational plan to monitor your achievements and progress while attending
- Plan out your class schedule.
- Stay on track with your educational and employment goals.
- Refer you to community resources that can help you stay in school.
In addition to school, most CalWORKs students are also required to participate in work
activities. The Yuba College CalWORKs program’s Employment Specialist can help you:
- Find work related to your chosen field of study.
- Develop a manageable schedule that allows you to fulfill your family, school, and work
- Create marketable, professional resumes and cover letters.
- Search and apply for local, state, and nation-wide jobs.
- Enhance your job search and interviewing skills.
- Find a full time and rewarding job within your chosen field of study when you’ve completed
your degree/educational program.
For more information about services available to CalWORKs students at Yuba College,
please contact the CalWORKs program at (530) 634-7773.