Please scroll down to enter our virtual writing center.
(Use the Meeting ID: 943 5854 3364 No passcode required to join.)
We look forward to meeting you in Zoom!
How to Access Our Services:
Yuba College students can receive free tutoring in writing and reading on Zoom. To access our tutoring services, please fill out our Service Request Form & enroll in our writing center’s Canvas course. By enrolling in our free/no-credit course, you will have access to our additional services such as submitting writing assignments for feedback.
Make an Appointment
How to Contact the WLDC
Students can email our Instructional Associates:
Center Information: Kelly Cunningham at email@example.com
ESL Support: Laura Talley at firstname.lastname@example.org
Appointments/Technical Support: Jasmeen Bassi-Chahal at B0362128@go.yccd.edu
By Calling or Texting:
Students can call or text our new phone number (530) 387-0793. You can leave a voicemail at (530)740-1709. However, we are working remotely during the COVID-19 pandemic, so calling/texting our new number or email is the fastest way to contact us.
If you are calling or emailing to ask about your appointment, try checking your Yuba College email for appointment notifications from TutorTrac. You can also log in to yubacollege.tutortrac.com to see upcoming appointments.
The goal of the Writing & Language Development Center, or WLDC, is to support Yuba College students in all aspects of language development, helping them become engaged readers and writers; strategic in monitoring their own comprehension of texts; deliberate in selecting rhetorical tools suited to their purpose; independent, lifelong learners empowered by mastery of language to participate in their communities and achieve their educational and life goals.
The WLDC embraces a particular mission toward our many English-language learners at Yuba College. We enjoy the richness that cultural diversity brings to our job!
What we do:
We are open to serve all YCCD students on any writing or reading assignment across the disciplines.
- Assistance for any writing or reading assignment
- One-time appointments (log in to yubacollege.tutortrac.com)
- Weekly, recurring appointments
- MLA, APA, and Chicago style formatting help
- Informal study space
- Technology assistance
- Proofreading tips
- ESL reading, writing, and conversation support
- Kurzweil 3000 software for assisted reading & writing
- Jaws screen reader software
- Designated private accessible workstation including Kurzweil, Jaws, Dragon, and dedicated scanner
- Online tutoring for Distance Education English classes and for all tutoring during shelter-in-place directives.