Welcome to the WLDC!
Need reading or writing support? Join us in our virtual tutoring center! You can use the Zoom ID: 943 5854 3364 to enter our center.
Due to the pandemic, the Writing and Language Development Center (WLDC) has temporarily moved online. Yuba College students can now visit our center through Zoom until it is safe to return to campus. Please feel free to drop into our center, we’re more than happy to go over our tutoring services with you.
Not sure about Zoom? Start by calling us at (530) 740-1709.
We look forward to Zoom-Meeting you!
How to Access Our Services:
Yuba College students can receive free tutoring in writing and reading on Zoom from the WLDC. To access our tutoring services, please fill out our Service Request Form & enroll in our writing center’s Canvas course. By enrolling in our free/no-credit course, you will have access to our additional services such as submitting writing assignments for feedback.
Make an Appointment
What we do:
We are open to serve all YCCD students on any writing or reading assignment across the disciplines.
- Assistance for any writing or reading assignment
- One-time appointments (log in to yubacollege.tutortrac.com)
- Weekly, recurring appointments
- MLA, APA, and Chicago style formatting help
- Informal study space
- Technology assistance
- Proofreading tips
- ESL reading, writing, and conversation support
- Kurzweil 3000 software for assisted reading & writing
- Jaws screen reader software
- Designated private accessible workstation including Kurzweil, Jaws, Dragon, and dedicated scanner
- Online tutoring for Distance Education English classes and for all tutoring during shelter-in-place directives.