To avoid delays in receiving your VA education benefits, please follow the steps listed below and submit all required documents.
STEP 1: Apply for VA Education Benefits
  • VA education benefits through (Veterans Online Application): Apply Here.  For assistance, call the VA Education Benefits Department at: 1-888-442-4551.
STEP 2: Apply to Yuba College Online

You will need to complete the Yuba College online orientation to continue the following steps:

STEP 3: Request and submit ALL sealed (un-opened) official transcripts from college/universities attended and military transcripts (JST) to:
  • Provide Yuba College Admissions Office with ALL official transcripts and copy of DD-214 for evaluation.
  • An unofficial copy of the same documents must be on file in the Veterans Resource Center as well.
  • For Army, Coast Guard, Marine Corps, and Navy transcripts, request online through Joint Services transcripts:
  • For Air Force transcripts, request online through Community College of the Air Force:
 STEP 4: Complete the Math and English  Self Placement Form.
  • A counselor will help place you in English and Math and develop an Abbreviated Educational Plan.
    Counseling is available at the following Yuba College locations:

    • Marysville Campus (530. 634.7766)
    • Sutter County Center (530.751.5600)
    • Beale AFB Outreach Center (530.788.0973)
  • For more information regarding placement testing: Yuba College Testing Center
  • Financial Aid (Optional)/ CA Promissory Grant (Not Optional): Don’t assume you won’t qualify – APPLY NOW using the following links!
STEP 6: Schedule an appointment to meet with an Academic Counselor for a VA Education Plan. Schedule Counseling Appointment HERE!
  • Only courses (including prerequisites) that satisfy requirements for a program of study will be reported to the VA.
  • Courses on ed plan must be supported by the Yuba College Catalog, report, or General Education Breadth.
STEP 7: Register for classes online through: REGISTER
  • Please be advised that you can register at any point after your admission application and orientation have been processed. However, as indicated in Step 5, only courses (including prerequisites) that satisfy requirements for a program of study will be reported to the VA. (Veterans with a DD-214 will not be required to take PE/Elective Courses.)
STEP 8: Submit a copy of DD-214 or Notice of Basic Eligibility (NOBE).
STEP 9: Complete and submit Declaration of Enrollment FORM “The Green Form.   Note: This form needs to be submitted every semester.
  • Summary of Requirements/Documents:
    • Schedule appointment with certifying official HERE
    • Copy of VA Certificate of Eligibility Letter
    • Copy of DD-214 or Notice of Basic Eligibility (NOBE)
    • Copy of the Math/English Self Placement Form
    • Military Transcripts (JST or CCAF)
    • College/University transcripts (if applicable)
    • Certification of Enrollment Form (to be submitted every semester)

‘‘GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government Web site at”