Things To Know

Academic Progress
If your GPA falls below 2.0 and you do not progress academically for two consecutive
semesters your benefits will be terminated by the Department of Veterans Affairs (DVA)

Final Semester/Round Up
Providing you have one class left on your education plan for your last semester you may take
any class to make it up to full time enrollment. Therefore, full time pay. You can only do this
for once at Yuba College.

Advance Pay
If you are a new student or did not attend the previous semester you may request Advance
Pay. This must be done 35 or more days prior to the beginning of the semester. The VA will
advance you two months of benefits. Contact the VAO for more information.

Dropping Classes
You are required to notify the VAO when you drop (or add) a class. You may be required to
pay back any benefits received for the dropped class. You may request Mitigating
Circumstances up to six units. The VAO has the required forms.

Mitigating Circumstances
If the circumstances were beyond your control and you drop your class the VA may not
require you to reimburse those benefits received for this class. Some Mitigating
Circumstances may be: student has serious illness, family member ill or death, child care
problems, work shift change or obligations, financial obligations. The DVA makes this
determination not the VAO.

California Dependents of Veterans College Fee Waiver Program
Students who are a dependent of a veteran who died of service-connected causes or has a
service-connected disability may be eligible for a waiver of college tuition and fees.
For more information contact your local Veteran Service Officer listed in the phone book
under “County Government.” Once you have received your letter of eligibility you are required
to bring it to the VAO and a copy to the Financial Aid office.

For all other requirements, rules and regulations contact the VAO or DVA.