Evaluation of Transcripts

Students who have taken lower division course work at other accredited colleges or universities may submit their official transcripts for evaluation to Yuba College.
Course work will be evaluated and used to satisfy prerequisites and graduation requirements. Official transcripts should be sent to:

Yuba College
Admissions and Records Office
2088 North Beale Road
Marysville, CA 95901
ATTN: Evaluations

The Admissions and Records Office will determine eligibility for, and extent of, credit per transcript evaluated. In general, there is no limit to the number of units a student may transfer to Yuba College. Courses may be used to meet degree requirements at Yuba College even if they have been used to meet requirements at another college or even if they are several years old. Yuba College does not grant college credit for courses completed at non-accredited colleges/universities, or for upper division courses. We accept coursework from one of the following accredited associations:

  • Western Association of Schools and Colleges
  • Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools
  • North Central Association of Colleges and Schools
  • Northwest Association of Colleges and Schools
  • Southern Association of Colleges and Schools

Credit is allowed for college-level USAFI courses (but not for USAFI GED). Credit will also be given for the General Examination of the College-Level Examination Program (CLEP).
Students should submit the appropriate papers during the first semester of enrollment to the Admissions and Records Office.

International Evaluations

Students who attended schools in other countries will need to get their transcripts evaluated by an international evaluating service.  Yuba College recommends using
World Education Services (WES). For more information on WES, contact their San Francisco office at (415) 677-9378 or visit their website.